thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com > Forums > The Tank > Self Igniting water heater won't light

Moderated by: Admin
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Self Igniting water heater won't light  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Mar 15th, 2010 02:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
lglover

Hi there, I have a huge problem with my Rheem powervent 40 gallon water heater. We had a house fire a few months ago, during the fire the Firemen cut the gas line (understandable) however because of that there was no heat or hot water. we now have the gas back on and the furnace works but the water heater wont. I should mention that the fire was in a separate room from the water heater. It is supposed to self ingnite but won't and because of the cost the fire caused we just don't have the $ for a tech call. Is there an easy or close to easy way of fixing this?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Mar 15th, 2010 03:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
elenano

How old is this water heater? Is it still in warranty, by any chance? This could be something to do with the power-vent apparatus, but it could also be an FVIR issue. If the fire triggered the FVIR device, then you'll have to have a tech install a replacement kit. Tell us more and maybe we can tell you more.

Randy Schuyler

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 03:29 pm  
thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com > Forums > The Tank > Self Igniting water heater won't light Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems