Moderated by: Admin
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Rheem Hybrid problem  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Nov 3rd, 2018 01:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
purplewg

I had a new house built and had a Rheem Hybrid installed. It has spit air since the first day. I bleed it per the instructions to no avail. It is on a well with an aerator which means I have a pump to pump water into a large aerator and one to pump it out of the aerator to the house. So, the house pump is not drawing directly from the well but a large tank beside the pump.

I contacted Rheem with the serial number and model and explained all this to them but have never even acknowledged my request. So much for customer service.

I have read about the anode rod, expansion tanks, and relief valves. I suspect the anode rod but have no idea what to do about it. The heater is now 3 months old and has done it since day one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Nov 3rd, 2018 04:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
elenano

Search on "air vent" here. There is a string just a little ways down dealing with this in relation to a powered anode. Your installation should be simpler to deal with than theirs. You just need to do the first thing that Larry recommended.

Randy Schuyler

Posted: Sat Nov 3rd, 2018 05:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
purplewg

elenano wrote:
Search on "air vent" here. There is a string just a little ways down dealing with this in relation to a powered anode. Your installation should be simpler to deal with than theirs. You just need to do the first thing that Larry recommended.

Randy Schuyler

Thanks Randy. I will check it out.

Posted: Tue Jan 1st, 2019 04:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
purplewg

Just an update and thanks for the input. Sure helped me a lot. On occasion I still get a little air spurts but no where near what I was getting. Had absolutely none for about two weeks. I just started getting a little lately. Thanks again.

Posted: Tue Jan 1st, 2019 08:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Admin
Administrator

Just so you know: I just deleted the post just before you, which was a vehicle for prohibited advertising.

Randy Schuyler as Admin

Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 02:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
mcgowinjr

First question is were they the ones who installed it for you? As this devices have a warranty only if Rheem technicians installed it for you. Tankless water heaters can be a very big problem if not properly installed.

Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 04:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
purplewg

mcgowinjr wrote:
First question is were they the ones who installed it for you? As this devices have a warranty only if Rheem technicians installed it for you. Tankless water heaters can be a very big problem if not properly installed.

Mine is not a tankless. It is a hybrid. I do have a tankless also with no air problems with it.

Current time is 10:23 am  
thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com > Forums > The Tank > Rheem Hybrid problem Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems