thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com > Forums > The Tank > Rheem water leak repair, upper thermostat panel element

Moderated by: Admin
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Rheem water leak repair, upper thermostat panel element  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Nov 8th, 2018 05:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
mgv

I have a Rheem 40 gal water heater with a water leak that appears to be coming from the top element. I have included a photo to show the water damage, which also fried the upper thermostat, by leaving the insulation sopping wet. Could this be repairable? The photo shows the wear of the unit and it is 2006 on the date of the model# 82VH40-2. Thank you for any info.

Attachment: IMG_0920b.jpg (Downloaded 4 times)

Last edited on Thu Nov 8th, 2018 05:33 pm by mgv

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Nov 8th, 2018 05:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
elenano

Highly unlikely. This tank is 12 years old, likely six years out of warranty. When this kind of fitting starts leaking, it usually means the heater is rusting out.

Using the Basics link on the left side of the Tank topics index, go to my main site and learn about water heaters, reading Anodes, Sediment and Choosing a Water Heater. If you do the kind of service we advocate, this will never happen again.

Randy Schuyler

Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2018 02:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
mgv

Thanks, I had figured based on the date and rust, that replacing the element and thermostat at its age would not be the best idea.

Last edited on Fri Nov 9th, 2018 02:45 pm by mgv

Current time is 04:19 pm  
thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com > Forums > The Tank > Rheem water leak repair, upper thermostat panel element Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems