thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com > Forums > The Tank > Electric water heater breaker tripping

Moderated by: Admin
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Electric water heater breaker tripping  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Mar 22nd, 2019 04:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
J.Rivera

Hello All,
Couple days ago I noticed no hot water. I have a light switch by the breaker box which actually is a cut off for the water heater. when I first moved in, it was off and took 6 hrs to figure out the switch was the reason we were not getting power to the water heater. It was the 1st thing we checked. It was on. Checked breaker and I have a 2 pole ( 20,30,30,20). The 20 was tripped. I flipped it back and stayed on. By the next morning the breaker had tripped again. I reset it a couple more time thru the day before finally stopping to figure out what was causing the issue.
When I looked at the water heater I had a leak at the top of the water heater hot water line which was dripping into thermostat compartments. I decided to change both thermostats and heating elements. But now when I reset the breaker and turn the hot water light switch on it immediately trips the breaker. As before it would trip after some time being on. I checked the breaker and i get 120v to 120+ with the meter. Nothing has changed but putting in new parts. Can anyone tell me why my breaker is still tripping?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Mar 22nd, 2019 09:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
eleent

Hello , I’d start with no.assumptions and check continuity in the elements and from the elements to ground as described in “tanklets”. Next I’d check both incoming power legs to ground , with power disconnected. If all’s well it could be time to replace breakers. You should only have two 30 amp breakers involved. Let me know how it goes ;)

Yours, Larry

Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2019 09:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
mssonline2019

hi
i think the breaker may be worn out and tripped. A wire also be loose in the panel, causing a short circuit.
i think these will be the main reason behind issue.

Thanks
Nishan Singh

Current time is 01:35 am  
thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com > Forums > The Tank > Electric water heater breaker tripping Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems