thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com > Forums > The Tank > Need a super simple water heater

Moderated by: Admin
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Need a super simple water heater  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Dec 14th, 2018 12:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Mikes6868

Hello everyone,

I have a small trailer and only need to get hot water to my shower and my sink. They are literally within feet of each other. I also need to be very mindful of electricity as we are almost off grid here.

Just tried the eccotemp l5 and very dissapointed. It's run on propane so it solves the electricity problem but I can't get it to stay hot for more than a minute. Any advice for a super simple water heater just to take a shower and do a few dishes? I'm not a plumber so I'd rather not tear the house apart or pay 300-400 for installation if possible. It doesn't have to be run on propane but I don't want some huge tank that heats up water and drains electric all the time.

Thanks for your time!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Dec 15th, 2018 03:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
eleent

Hello,  This may be a bit too out-of-the-box thinking, but how about rigging up some sort of "solar shower"? That is simply a black bag full of water that hangs up high enough to give some pressure, and is warmed by the sun. It's not a year round solution, but possibly getting creative with heating water for a five gallon bucket and then hoisting it up could give a modest shower even in non-sunny weather.

If you have 120 volts, there are more choices, like the very well insulated Marathon heater.

Yours,  Larry

Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 01:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
mcgowinjr

You should get the stiebel eltron mini. It requires just 120V electricity. See in an indepth review here before actually buying it. https://top10den.com/best-electric-tankless-water-heaters/

Posted: Sat Jun 22nd, 2019 08:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
LisaMiddleton

I agree.

Posted: Wed Aug 21st, 2019 08:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
mssonline2019

if you are using solar power in your home than Crompton Greaves solarium 3 ltr water heater is the best water heater. its very effective as per power consumption.
and if you using electricity in your home than go with the AO SMITH- HSE-SGS-006 its a best water heater for kitchen and bathroom.

Nishan singh

Current time is 09:01 am  
thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com > Forums > The Tank > Need a super simple water heater Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems